MORONI CITY IS HIRING A SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
For an application, contact Moroni City Hall @ 80 S. 200 W. during regular business hours 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday through Friday.
NOTICE OF MUNICIPAL OFFICES
to be voted on in the
Moroni City Municipal General Election
on November 7, 2017
Mayor, 4 year term
(2) City Council Members, 4 year term each
Candidate Filing Period Begins June 1, 2017.
Declaration of Candidacy Forms or Nomination Petition must be filed in person with the City Recorder at 80 South 200 West, Moroni, Utah between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Candidate filing deadline is Wednesday, June 7, 2017 (UCA 10-3-301).
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A CANDIDATE ARE: (UCA 10-3-301; 20a-9-203)
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a registered voter of the municipality,
- Be a resident of the municipality for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election
- Must not be a convicted felon, unless their right to hold elective office has been restored
Dated this 13 day of January 2017
/s/Carol Haskins, City Recorder
January Announcements from the Moroni Senior Center and Nutrition Program:
- The center will be closed Monday, January 16th for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. No lunches will be served.
- Exercise class is held every Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. at the Moroni City Hall Meeting Room.
- Bingo will be played on Thursday, January 19th in the dining room after lunch.
- The bus will be going to the Provo area on Friday, January 13th at 9:00 a.m. and to Ephraim on Friday, January 20th at 9:30 a.m. If you would like to either time, call Jan Jacobsen at 436-8886 or Phyllis Lund at 436-8878.
- Board Meeting will be on Wednesday, January 18th in the dining room after lunch.
- Monthly Birthday Dinner will be on January 26th. Pizza, tossed green salad, fruit, and a dessert will be served. There will also be entertainment.
- As always, lunch is served Monday through Thursday at 12:00 noon in the dining room. Please call 436-8275 to make your reservation.
Moroni City Council Meetings for 2017 will be held the first Thursday of each month (unless otherwise noticed) at 7:00 pm in the Moroni City Council Room, located at 80 South 200 West, Moroni, Utah.
Planning and Zoning
Moroni City Planning and Zoning Commission meeting for 2017 will be held the first Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise noticed) at 6:30 pm in the Moroni City Council Room, located at 80 South 200 West, Moroni, Utah.
Meeting agendas for both meetings will be posted 24 hours prior to their scheduled time in the Moroni City Hall notice case at 80 South 200 West, the Moroni Post Office notice case located at 46 North 400 East and the Utah Heritage Credit Union Moroni branch office bulletin board located at 84 West Main.
2017 Dog Licenses are now available at the city offices. Please bring proof of rabies vaccination with you. 3 or more dogs requires licensing AND a kennel permit.
Sanpete Vet Clnic will be offering a vaccination clinic — date to be announced, but YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT to register your dog at the clinic if it is current on its rabies vaccination. Save yourself a wait in line and stop by city hall!
Moroni City offices will be closing at 11:30 on Friday, December 23rd. The offices will be closed on Monday, December 26th for the Christmas holiday.
The offices will also be closed on Monday, January 2, 2017 for New Year’s Day.
Jr. Jazz rules and schedules are now available under the City Recreation tab HERE.
A bike has been turned in to the city offices; please call us at 436-8359 to identify.
Come join your friends and neighbors at the annual Moroni City Christmas Eve Party . . . Santa will even be there! December 24th @ 6:00 p.m. at the Moroni LDS Stake Center – 82 N. Center
Indoor Soccer registration is now underway for Moroni area youth in 1st through 8th grade. Sign ups can be turned in at City Hall through Friday, December 30th, 2016.